- Reject Fear – 2 Timothy 1:7: First, understand that fear is a spirit and it’s not from God. So if you know you are feeling fearful, just know it’s from Satan and it’s to keep you suppressed and depressed so you can’t move forward. Fear is a setback. It’s a hindrance from moving forward and achieving that confidence. Don’t let fear in, because it gets you nowhere. Every leader has doubts, but they push past doubts to become a great leader. You are not alone.
- Faith to stay Positive: Having faith allows you to overcome every obstacle. It’s hard to stay positive when life kicks you down and around. It’s even harder to stay positive when you see pictures of your friends celebrating their success without knowing the journey they took to achieving or creating that success. The measure of our success is determined by how we respond to the challenges and difficult moments we face in life. Stay positive and don’t give room for negativity. Keep pushing and looking forward, because your breakthrough is in front of you and not behind.
- Believe in yourself: You have got to tell that voice in your head to shut up. This might sound cliché, but it’s true. Look in the mirror and remind yourself how smart you are and how beautiful you are, because no matter how much people say that to you, you’ve got to believe it yourself. The creator of this universe made me look beautiful, and he did the same for you, too. Sometimes we feel trapped in self-criticism and comparing ourselves to others when majority of times, people look up to us, but we don’t see it for ourselves. Stop, and remind yourself how amazing you are. The more you practice complimenting yourself, the better you become at it. Practice makes perfect. If you always think positive things, it becomes natural to be experiencing confidence.
- Be a leader, not a follower: To become a leader, you have to be confident in your dreams. Be assertive in the way you carry yourself, but not by cockiness. People will not always like your idea, but believe in your purpose and dreams because it makes it easier for anybody to believe. You can’t let people walk all over you. When I had people question my purpose in life, I started embracing confidence.
- Set a goal and just do it: whatever it is that’s giving you anxiety or making you insecure, just close your eyes and do it. Chances are you will never regret it. It feels good to take a leap of faith and jump. Don’t think too much before you make a jump; whether big or small, just do it. Write a list of things you are grateful for and carry that with you everywhere you go. Gratitude leads to love, and when you’re experiencing self-love, it’s impossible to be self-critical.