When I was asked to speak to a group of middle schoolers, I began to ponder about it especially by asking myself, “What impact can I make in their lives within this short period of time?” I was also informed that these students came from homes going through hardships and struggles which I certainly related to. It’s important to know that when you’re going through a journey, whether short or long just know that God will get you through it and you will come out on the other side laughing. I thank God each day for bringing me out of my hardships into a place of love, peace, and joy. Below are five tips I put together to help you overcome hardships and struggles:
5 Tips to overcome hardships and struggles:
1. Reflect and acknowledge bad times: when you reflect on the bad times you’ve had, it helps you to get closer to those opportunities in front of you.
2. Write or talk about how you feel: Find someone genuine that cares deeply about you and tell them about your struggles or you can blog about it just like I’m doing. I love blogging because you never know just who may be viewing what you’re writing and how it may help that very person.
3. Tell yourself “I’m not Alone.” The truth is that you have people who do care, so don’t curl up and submerge yourself into the world of loneliness. Sometimes it’s people who don’t really know you that may share the same feelings as you do. Don’t think you are going through this all by yourself.
4. Get Back Up, but only stronger: Kelly Clarkson says “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Be strong and determined to push forward. Try not to dwell on “what if” circumstances.
5. Have Faith: With Faith you can move mountains. You can either choose to live in faith or live in fear. With Faith, you have an energy to keep going forward and not look back.
I hope these tips will help you to stay inspired to keep pushing forward!